Echoes it's a radio spectral analysis software for RTL-SDR devices, designed for meteor scattering purposes.
RTL-SDR are very cheap Software Defined Radios that uses DVB-T TV tuner dongles based on Realtek's RTL2832U chipset.
Echoes doesn't demodulate neither decode any human-made signal. Its main goal is to analyze and record the total power of natural signals and generate screenshots and tabular data (CSV, GNUplot) output in presence of particular peaks in a selected narrow range of frequencies. Since there is no demodulation, there is no provision for audio listening, except for a notify sound when an event has been recorded.
- Captures waterfall spectra as PNG screenshots and statistics data files.
- Optionally generates GNUplot data files
- Multiple instances can manage separate dongles plugged in the same computer
- Three operating modes: continuos (records data only), periodic (captures data and screenshot every X seconds) and automatic (record data and screeshot each time a customizable (S-N) treshold is exceeded)
- HTML report production
- Installers ready for Windows7++ and RPMs / SRPMs for Linux
- Ready xz binary package for Raspberry PI / Arch distro
- It can run headless, recording GNUplot and statistic data only