Saros brings multi-writer synchronous distributed editing to the Eclipse IDE, e.g. for joint code reviews, explaining code remotely, or distributed pair programming -- all also for more than 2 participants; we call this Distributed Party Programming. It includes refined awareness functionality, text chat, and a simple distributed whiteboard/sketching facility.
Eclipse Update Site: http://dpp.sourceforge.net/update
- Collaborative real-time file editing
- Supports several concurrent writers
- Awareness markup: Who is where (file/region)? Who just changed what?
- Shared file/folder operations
- Built-in instant messaging
- Built-in whiteboard (limited functionality)
There are no 2 star reviews.