Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
Double Commander is the best file manager that we have used. It works well in Windows and Linux.
One of the best file managers! Open source allows him to always develop at the expense of enthusiasts! Thank you for such a program! Just great! Один из лучших файловых менеджеров! Открытый исходный код позволит ему всегда развиваться за счет энтузиастов! Спасибо за такую программу! Просто молодцы!
Finally the open source file commander I was searching for years. Excellent work sir.
I use Total Commander since 1992. I'm under linux since summer 2013 and using Double Commander since last 2013. It is excellent and replace Total Commander in most cases. It is one of the best file manager I know. I have some crashes, and packing zip files is not always usable, but for most actions it is excellent. I recommend it to all my friends.
The best GPL file manager! And it is being regularly updated!