Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
The most efficient GUI for file operations (and more!) in the Linux world. It is a perfect Total Commander clone and therefore eases transition from the Windows world. Keep up the excellent work! THANK YOU!!!! :D
Double Commander is the best file manager that we have used. It works well in Windows and Linux.
One of the best file managers! Open source allows him to always develop at the expense of enthusiasts! Thank you for such a program! Just great! Один из лучших файловых менеджеров! Открытый исходный код позволит ему всегда развиваться за счет энтузиастов! Спасибо за такую программу! Просто молодцы!
Finally the open source file commander I was searching for years. Excellent work sir.