Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
I have used this tool for few weeks already, but it feels really nice. What I look for is that it is portable across operating systems, it can run portable and (I did not tried that yet) you can share your settings across many instances if you put the settings file on the net. I had some minor issues while setup-ing the myriad of file editors/viewers and etc. Also it will be good to have more control over the default viewer (fonts, colors and etc.).
Have problem with double click/run files like iso.
my day-to-day file manger :)
I enjoyed using this