Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
Useful and free :)
I love it! After getting disappointed lately with Krusader's support, and being a Total Commander huge fan, I found Double Commander to be the closest alternative to it! Almost every signle feature of TC works on Linux, thank you so much! Looking forward to 1.0 release!
Very good commander, the interface is friendly!
Best manager I used.
Great Filemanager! Only CON is not app related, it's the forums....hotmail accts not permitted...lame. Would have liked to give input. Q: Is it possible to show extensions as part of the filename in Full View? ( full filename) A: Yes! Options --> Custom Columns : edit Field Contents for 'Name' column --> Remove 'NOEXT'. Delete the Extension column. Save as new configuration and restart. Right Click on column header (both panes) and choose saved configuration. Done! Works perfectly.