Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
Very good commander, the interface is friendly!
Best manager I used.
Great Filemanager! Only CON is not app related, it's the forums....hotmail accts not permitted...lame. Would have liked to give input. Q: Is it possible to show extensions as part of the filename in Full View? ( full filename) A: Yes! Options --> Custom Columns : edit Field Contents for 'Name' column --> Remove 'NOEXT'. Delete the Extension column. Save as new configuration and restart. Right Click on column header (both panes) and choose saved configuration. Done! Works perfectly.
The best commander! I use on linux
Doublecmd is my go to file manager most of the time under Linux and all of the time under Windows. To date it has performed flawlessly. Thanks!!