Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
The only true replacement for Total Commander. And I've tried them all! Tab-Options feature is really cool (don't know if TC had it). I've been using it for 2 years now and don't even consider TC anymore, even in Windows. Iz should be on 1.0 since it's pretty much a complete software. If this gets any better it should receive 6 stars. :)
I use it on Window10, Mac OS and Linux, write custom plugins very useful application and free
Useful and free :)
I love it! After getting disappointed lately with Krusader's support, and being a Total Commander huge fan, I found Double Commander to be the closest alternative to it! Almost every signle feature of TC works on Linux, thank you so much! Looking forward to 1.0 release!