Don't want to get busted by your boss or your teacher playing Solitaire, chatting or surfing the web? Close (hide or minimize) and open multiple programs with the click of a button. So you won't have to panic anymore...
- Close, hide or minimize as many programs as you want using the blacklist (by executable filename or keywords present in the window title)
- Open up to 3 programs (files) at the same time
- Open files with a certain software (other then the one selected as default in Windows)
- Predefined software paths (includes paths for all Windows games!)
- Run Don't Panic! at Windows startup, block access to Windows Task Manager and mute master volume
- Clear some system folders (Recent Files; Internet Explorer history, typed URLs and cache; Recycle Bin) for extra privacy
- Panic Mode (complete with customizable size, position, transparency level and hotkey)
- WebUpdate (complete with news) and statistic modules
- User-friendly UI
Easy interface, everything seems to work perfectly.
Ware the russian localization? Not bad!
I think I use this program more than anything else on my thumb drive. I use the PortableApps.com version. My favorite features are the hiding and blacklist. Now I can make as many applications dissapear at once, without really closing them. After I hide them, you can't find them anywhere unless if you know the keyboard shortcut, or use the task manager.
My only complaint: "Don't Panic!" should be written in larger and friendlier letters.
Great, it was exactly what I was looking for. And it is Open Source!