All three systems/distributions are a based on Debian. DebEX Barebone (LXDE) and DebEX Gnome are based on Debian 9 "Stretch" and Debian unstable ("Sid"). DebEX KDE is based on Debian "Jessie" (Debian 8).
Kernel 4.12.0-12-exton. (LXDE version).
As the name suggests, DebEX Barebone has only a minimum of software installed in advance. Among them LXTerminal, PCManFM, Leafpad, AlsaPlayer, NetworkManager, Thunderbird, Google Chrome, Firefox, GParted and Synaptic. In version 161007 and 161001 all common Gnome/Mate respectively KDE packages instead of LXDE.
DebEX uses Apt (apt-get) and Synaptic. I have also installed Pacapt ("an Arch's pacman-like package manager").
RUNS FROM RAM
You can run DebEX from RAM. Superfast! Boot alternative 2.
LXDE, Gnome 3.22/Mate 1.16 respectively KDE (Plasma) 4.14.2 are used as Desktop environments.
REFRACTA tools in DebEX LXDE version 170822. Build you own Debian ISO!
- DebEX Barebone LXDE - create your own Debian live system with Refracta tools!
- Kernel 4.12.0-12-exton (4.12.8) in the LXDE version
- DebEX KDE is based on Debian Jessie (Debian 8.6).
- Google Chrome in the Gnome and KDE versions
- Firefox 55.0.2 (for Netflix) in the LXDE version
- Kernel headers in all three versions
- DebEX Barebone based on Debian Stretch (9) and Debian unstable (Sid).
- DebEX Gnome based on Debian Stretch (9) and Debian unstable (Sid).
- Runs from RAM
- Rolling distributions
- KDE 4.14.2
- Gnome 3.22 and Mate 1.16
- KDE Plasma 5:84 Desktop
- Gimp and GParted
- Nvidia proprietary graphics drivers in the Gnome and KDE versions
- DebEX Installer and Refracta Installer (in DebEX LXDE)
- Netflix can be watched while using Google Chrome
- DebEX Barebone LXDE - Refracta tools are pre-installed
- DebEX LXDE runs very well in VMware and VirtualBox
There are no 2 star reviews.