All three systems/distributions are a based on Debian. DebEX KDE is based on Debian Jessie (Debian 8.4). DebEX Barebone and DebEX Gnome are based on Debian testing (Stretch) and Debian unstable (Sid).
Kernel 4.6.1-debex. (In the KDE version).
As the name suggests, DebEX Barebone has only a minimum of software installed in advance. Among them LXTerminal, Thunar, Leafpad, AlsaPlayer, Wicd, Iceweasel (Firefox), Icedove (Thunderbird), GParted and Synaptic. In version 160105 and 160604 all common Gnome/Mate respectively KDE packages instead of Xfce4.
DebEX uses Apt (apt-get) and Synaptic. I have also installed Pacapt ("an Arch's pacman-like package manager").
I have deliberately kept down the number of installed applications to give you the pleasure of self-installing the ones YOU really need.
Xfce 4.12.1, Gnome 3.18.3/Mate 1.12.1 respectively KDE (Plasma) 4.14.2 are used as Desktop environments.
- DebEX Barebone - few packages pre-installed
- Kernel 4.6.1-debex in the KDE version
- DebEX KDE is based on Debian Jessie (Debian 8.4).
- Google Chrome in all three versions
- Kernel headers in all three versions
- DebEX Barebone based on Debian testing (Stretch) and Debian unstable (Sid).
- DebEX Gnome based on Debian testing (Stretch) and Debian unstable (Sid).
- Runs from RAM
- Rolling distributions
- Xfce 4.12.1
- KDE 4.14.2
- Gnome 3.18.3 and Mate 1.12.1
- KDE Plasma 5:84 Desktop
- Gimp and GParted
- Nvidia proprietary drivers
- DebEX Installer
Easy to install and use.