DeaDBeeF is an audio player for GNU/Linux systems with X11 written in C and C++. Features: minimal set of dependencies; native GTK2 and GTK3 GUI; cuesheet support; mp3, ogg, flac, ape and many other formats; chiptune formats with subtunes, song-length databases, etc; small memory footprint; many plugins with extra features.
- plays mp3, ogg, flac/oga, ape, wav, wv/iso.wv, aac/m4a, alac, mpc/mpp/mp+, tta, wma, shn, sid, nsf, mod, s3m, vtx, vgm/vgz, psf, midi, audio cds, all formats supported by ffmpeg, dumb, gme, libsndfile, adplug, and more!
- light on memory and CPU use
- expandable through plugins
- supports cuesheets (from .cue files, and embedded), reading and writing m3u and pls playlists
- plays internet radio (shoutcast, icecast, mms), as well as normal mp3 files over http and ftp (e.g. from podcasts)
- global hot-keys
- reads and writes id3v1, id3v2, apev2, vorbiscomment tags to/from all relevant formats; read-only mp4 itunes tags
- can detect charset of bad (non-unicode) id3 tags, as well as charsets in metadata from tracker modules and chiptunes
- user-customizable playlist columns with title-formatting
- high quality resampling using libsamplerate
- playback using ALSA, OSS and PulseAudio
- last.fm/libre.fm scrobbler
- sample-accurate seeking and gapless playback support for many formats
- multiple playlists organized in tabs
- album art display, fetching covers from music folders, id3v2 and apev2 tags, last.fm and albumart.org
- 18-band equalizer with presets, with importing of fb2k eq presets
- track grouping using title-formatting
- album art display in playlist
- customizable OSD notifications with album covers
- configurable converter/transcoder
- replay gain (playback only)
- playing files directly from zip archives
- supports tagging of files with custom fields, including editing custom fields added by other taggers/players
- multichannel playback, support for integer 8, 16, 24, 32 and float 32 bit sound output
- localized into many languages
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Великолепный плеер! Равного ему под линуксом нет!
great simple player with a lot of features. Only missing a rating feature
I have searched for a player like Foobar, and DeaDBeeF is the best choice. There is much to improve, but the customization options are great. Congratulations for the work in this promising software.
Great player! Can work with really big playlists.
best audio player on linux! interface is simple and neat, lots of supported formats and stuff.. 5/5!