This small tool allows the user to graphically examine ddrescue's mapfiles in a user friendly GUI application. The Main window displays a block grid with each block's color representing the block types it contains. Many people know this type of view from defragmentation programs.
The program is written in Object Pascal using the Lazarus IDE. It can be compiled to run on Windows, GNU/Linux and probably OS X, too.
The downloads include binaries for the respective target platform and the project files (source code).
Update 2016/07/20: ddrescueview version 0.4 alpha 3 has been released. Please consider testing this version. Report issues in the bug tracker if you have a sourceforge account, or by email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Display ddrescue mapfile in a colored block graphic
- Examine each block in the image with a detailed list of map entries inside
- Zoom inside the mapfile, down to sector level
- To keep track of the rescue process, ddrescueview can automatically re-read the mapfile
- Overlay a domain mapfile, if you use one with ddrescue
- Units can be displayed with decimal (KB, MB...) or binary (KiB, MiB...) prefixes
Program works fine on the Mac. Thanks!
This program is very helpful. Thank you!