Data Crow allows you use the standard movie & video (divx, xvid, DVD, Blu-ray, etc), book (and eBooks), images, games & software, music (mp3 and other music files) cataloging modules. Beside these module (which you can change to fit your requirements) you can create new modules (want to catalogue your stamps, equipment, or anything else?).
The GUI is skinnable.
Data Crow allows you find information on your items through services such as Amazon, Imdb.com, Sourceforge.net, Softpedia, Ofdb, MusicBrainz and many others.
Reporting (based on XLST stylesheets and graphs), loan administration, item importing & exporting, backup & restore, web service and many other optional features are waiting for you..
- Cataloguing of media and anything else
- Loan Management
- Flexible on all fronts; allows you to add/remove/hide fields, design your own forms, skinnable, create your own modules (wizard based), etcetera
- Online services to retrieve the information on your items (imdb.com, amazon.com and many more)
- File parsing (divx, mp3, flac, pdf, jpeg, etc.)
- Full feature desktop GUI and a light weight web server + GUI
- Mass item processing (online update + file parsing)
- Internal help system
- Advanced user management
- Advanced filters (which can be saved for later)
- Out of the box Data Crow catalogs books, movies, audio (CDs and/or files), images and software BUT can catalogue anything else as well
- Server edition (client-server + web server)
In general useful to me. I just started to use it to catalog my retro computers hardware and software and my electronic components. However it got me a little scare today as I opened the program and it greeted me with prompt for data storage folder. I already went through the whole setup process and created few modules of my own and entered some data so this was a bit disturbing. Then I realized that my entire DataCrow data folder was gone! I can not explain it. I think it was removed after I performed a data backup last time before I closed the application. Why would it remove my data folder? I was able to restore from that backup (phew!) but I wonder if DataCrow will remove my data folder each time I do a backup using Tools/Backup&Restore? Just in case I am going to do the backup manually from now on until this is explained. Three stars because in some respects UI is not that intuitive and the app. is quite slow on my Windows Vista Intel dual core 2GHz PC with 3GB RAM. I will continue using it though and I hope it will improve and that I will not loose my laboriously entered records.