*****About and Help*****
-----Corrupt DOCX Salvager Version 2.0.4-----
This program extracts the text from damaged/corrupted or even healthy Word 2007 - 2013 DOCX files. It succeeds at doing so where Word fails. It can also be simply used as a viewer of the text in a docx file without having any version of Word installed. It requires the installation of the Microsoft's free .Net Version 2 software framework. See: http://tinyurl.com/ms2-0-netframework/, to download the framework.
For recovering your corrupt DOCX file, it may be worth trying some other freeware that I'm associated with that work differently: Savvy Corrupt DOCX Word File Recovery - http://sourceforge.net/projects/quickwordrecovr/, Corrupt MS Office 2007/2010/2013 Extractor - http://sourceforge.net/projects/crrptoffcxtrctr/ and Corrupt Office2txt - http://sourceforge.net/projects/coffice2txt/.
Note, in your file's name, it maybe necessary to use standard English characters and remove all foreign characters including even French one. The program appears not able to handle foreign characters well in the output either and produces "Mojibake" results. One way to fix this is to save your results file as an HTML one or alternatiely as text and then change the extension to "htm" or "html". Next open the file in Firefox or Chrome and copy the resulting hopefully good text. I apologize for the limitation.
-----Changes to 2.0.4-----
1. Emil, the CEO of Recoveronix, extended the free recovery "S2SERVICES" coupon for their Online File Repair Service until 11/01/2014. I changed the dates in the software where the old dates for expiration of the offer were mentioned.
2. Added note in readme and as a message box before the File Open Dialog Window opens, about foreign characters not being handled well.
-----Changes to 2.0.3-----
1. Updated the Recoveronix' Online File Repair Service "S2SERVICES" coupon info. The coupon will expire now on 11/01/2013.
2. Discovered and implimented how to digitally sign the uninstall app as well as the setup and main executable that were signed before.
-----Changes to 2.0.2-----
1. In the Alternatives Menu, changed the message regarding Recoveronix' Online File Repair Service "S2SERVICES" coupon. The new deadline is Nov, 1 2013 for using the coupon to get free recovery, a \$39 value.
2. Also added as a pop up message box with instructions how to use the coupon.
3. Added another commercial software choice on the Alternatives menu, eRapairWord which is the same program from the same company as Recovery Toolbox for Word.
4. Fixed the application title from "Ptk\ to "Corrupt DOCX Salvager".
-----Changes to 2.0-----
1. Added a zip repair pretreatment step InfoZip's zip -FF command.
2. Changed the unzipper to 7z.exe from the LGPL 7zip project.
3. Using a temporary folder for work now instead of the installation folder or the file location folder.
4. Added the alternatives menu with choices for the commercial WordFix and a link to my contact file upload page at my saveofficedata.com site.
-----Changes to 1.3-----
1. Simplified program by writing a warning about the unzipper fail messages to the command window instead of the confusing message box.
2. Also the code now copies the file to a new one and worked on the new file instead of the original.
-----How to use this program-----
1. Click on the File Menu and choose Open.
2. Choose your docx Word 2007 file from which you wish to extract text.
3. Your extracted text will be displayed.
4. Edit as desired.
5. Choose the Save menu choice on the File Menu and save the text file to the name and file location you wish.
6. If the program doesn't, try WordFix: http://www.cimaware.com/info/info.php?id=622&path=main/products/wordfix.php or send the file to me: http://saveofficedata.com/contact.htm.
This program is made by Paul D Pruitt (socrtwo) and uses a modification of the docx2txt Perl script by Sandeep Kumar for it's main logic. See http://docx2txt.sourceforge.net/. It also uses Perl/Tk code for the GUI elements from http://www.geocities.com/binnyva/code. For zip repair it uses InfoZip's zip -FF command: http://sourceforge.net/projects/infozip/. Finally for unzipping it uses 7zip by Igor Pavlov: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/.
* My software website is http://www.godskingsandheroes.info/software/.
* Also visit my data recovery software list http://www.s2services.com.
* My E-Mail: socrtwo@s2services
* I do data recovery for $22 an incident. You can upload a file that will get to me through the contact page of my currently down data recovery service: http://saveofficedata.com/contact.htm. I sometimes do charity work.