CRGREP searches for matching text in databases, various document formats, archives and other difficult to access resources.
A command line tool for name and content text matching in database tables, plain files, MS Office documents, PDF, archives, MP3 audio, image meta-data, scanned documents, maven dependencies and web resources.
CRGREP will search resources within resources of any arbitrary combination or depth, so text within a document within a zip archive, and so on.
Here you will find binary downloads and discussion (https://sourceforge.net/p/crgrep/discussion/) . The actual development and issue tracking can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/cryanfuse/crgrep
- Search relational databases for matching text..
- Supports SQLServer, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite and H2
- Graph database (Neo4j) grep
- Archive content grep; zip, tar, gz, 7z, jar, war, ear
- Plain text files, PDF and Microsoft Office documents
- Audio/MP3 files for title, artist and other data
- OCR text recognition of scanned documents
- NLP analysis to filter matching text by mood
- Image meta-data; jpeg, bmp, png, gif, tiff
- Maven POM file dependency match
- Web page grep
- Deep search combinations of resources within resources
- Output formatting, color highlighted results
Follow Common Resource Grep - crgrep
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
I've come to a field where I have to work with Word files a lot, but I am used to Linux and grep and similar tools. crgrep has quickly become a very useful tool, mostly used in a very simple way to look for instances of text in multiple Word files all at once. Very useful. Solved my problem.