Crazy Eddie's GUI (CEGUI) system is a graphical user interface C++ library. It was designed particularly for the needs of videogames, but the library is usable for non-game tasks, such as any other type of applications (rendering/visualisation/virtual reality) and tools. It is designed for user flexibility in look-and-feel, as well as being adaptable to the user's choice in tools and operating systems.
Established in 2003, CEGUI sees continual, active development and remains one of the most powerful and most popular options for developers requiring an adaptable and efficient GUI solution.
CEGUI is fully supported by the developers that created - and continue to develop - the library, and who are accessible via the project's dedicated internet forums and IRC channel.
For more information, more screenshots and for news, check out out our homepage: http://cegui.org.uk
The repository is now at bitbucket (including our issue/bug tracker): https://bitbucket.org/cegui
- Official support for rendering via OpenGL, Direct3D, Ogre and Irrlicht
- Free WYSIWYG Layout and Imageset editor (CEED)
- Uses XML data files - xsd schemas and full documentation provided
- Integrated animation support
- Support for Python and Lua based scripting
- Unicode based font rendering with bi-directional text support
- Wide choice of options for XML parsing and image loading libraries
- Fully extensible and customisable
Robust code base, project has been around since more than 10 years, quick responses on the forum and it has been constantly improved and developed since its creation.
Good and useful software
It works for me, nuff said
Great. However does not seem to work in cli on Windows 2003 server
Fast and easy to use.