Coppermine is an easily set-up, fast, feature-rich photo gallery script with mySQL database, user management, private galleries, automatic thumbnail creation, ecard feature and a template system for easy customization to match the rest of a site.
- Arrangement of pictures in categories and albums
- Picture information stored in database
- Full multimedia support
- Creation of thumbnails and intermediate size pics
- User management (private galleries, groups)
- Integration of user management (bridging) with various third-party applications (like SMF, phpBB, Invisionboard, vbulletin)
- Caption, title, description and user defined fields for each picture (searchable)
- Multi-lingual interface with automatic detection of language preferences
- Template system for visual integration into existing site
- EXIF/IPTC support
Nice simple photo-gallery. Good project.
Good, also click www.gyoby.com/what-file-format-for-your-photos to see the difference between photo format
Well, I got this installed and working, but I'll be darned if I see what good it is. The nicest thing I can say is that my idea of a Photo Gallery must be unlike anybody else's. I want to point to a directory of photos, view them as thumbnails, tag them, categorize them, search their descriptive text. The interface here is so clumsy and verbose I'd never get my photos into the system. And if I did I could only do the most basic searches for images, and in my own album. It is also not very configurable (how do I turn of Captcha for Chrissakes?), but there's probably a config file buried in there somewhere. It has documentation, which is unusual for such thing, but the documentation is so bloated and wordy that you'd really have to dig in to read it all and digest it. But installation is not too bad. Go ahead and see for yourself. A lot of other people seem to think it's useful. I do not.
Thanks very good project! +
Thanks for good program!