The Null-modem emulator (com0com) is a kernel-mode virtual serial port driver for Windows. You can create an unlimited number of virtual COM port pairs and use any pair to connect one COM port based application to another. The HUB for communications (hub4com) allows to receive data and signals from one COM or TCP port, modify and send it to a number of other COM or TCP ports and vice versa.
- com0com: baud rate emulation
- com0com: pinouts customization
- com0com: noised line emulation
- com0com: paired port settings monitoring (baud rate, data bits, stop bits, parity)
- com0com: hiding 'unavailable' ports from user
- hup4com: spliting data from one serial device into several virtual serial ports
- hup4com: redirecting serial to TCP/IP and TCP/IP to serial
- hup4com: RFC2217 - Telnet Com Port Control Option (client and server)
I downloaded several programs for emulation virtual null modems, also com0com. But the best for me is Null Modem Emulator by Eltima - this software is fully baked.
It does not work!!! In Device Manager it does not show up in Ports(COM& LPT) and I have tried it on a few computers now
For those of you having trouble with driver signing in Windows 8/8.1, do a google search for: windows 8 disable driver signature enforcement It should be the first link listed at learn.sparkfun.com
Thanks, great tool!
helo I have two applications that are on the virtual port: com11 and com12. How do I set com0com or hub4com to the application on a virtual port to communicate with the physical port com5 where hadrver card with relays. Possible? Thanks