CoffeeMud is a text-based virtual reality game engine (a MUD). It is a mature, full-featured Java codebase. It includes web (HTTP) and email (SMTP) servers, chat (IMC2 and I3) and web clients, and supports ANSI, MXP, and MSP.
- Full featured Diku-style mud game engine.
- Total online game management and area editing abilities.
- Integrated Web server, Email servers, and both IMC2 and I3 Chat servers
- ANSI colour support, MSP sound support, MXP tag support, MCCP compression support
- Base includes 7 classes, 38 subclasses, 6 player races, and over 1200 spells, prayers, songs, skills, and abilities
- Customizable races, classes, skills, recipes, quests, socials, factions, etc
- Import areas from your other codebases (ROM, Circle, Smaug, Icey, etc)
- Lots of automation engines: Conquest, Legal systems, Economy, Real-estate, and Questing.
- See http://www.coffeemud.net/guides/Features.html for a complete list!
Best MUD engine I have tried, very modern.
This is THE best codebase for newbies and pros alike! The ability to modify your mud inside of your browser is an excellent feature and the creator responds quickly to any questions you post in the yahoo group. Try it!
Been looking for a more updated MUD codebase for ages. This is perfect!
An excellent MUD codebase; has all the features you can want (and then some), absurdly easy to administer, and since it's Java it'll run on near anything.
CoffeeMud is a solid, full-featured platform on which to develop awesome text-based multiplayer games. Kudos!