The Cobos Project is an Open Source initiative from Metrixware, dedicated to Mainframe COBOL CICS, DB2, IMS developments within the Eclipse Platform.
- Includes COBOL, JCL and Rexx editors
- Source outline, syntax coloring, changes tracking, revision mode, caps on, configurable tabs...
- COBOL variables auto-completion
- Intelligent COBOL COPY management and source expansion (REPLACING...)
- CVS simplified support. SVN, ENDEVOR, SCLM & al. native support
- Remote Mainframe files management (allocate, create, delete, browse...)
- Remote Mainframe PDS members edition with integrity check vs ISPF state
- Local COBOL compiler with warning / error synchronisation with editor
- Remote Mainframe compilation + result display on source and SYSOUT
- Mainframe remote commands launching with infinite extensibility
- Centralized management of Cobos developer environment and usage scope
- 3270 Terminal emulator within Eclipse
- Best used with SCForEclipse COBOL: Code Quality Control & Automatic Refactoring
Follow Cobos Project
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Code is not complete. unusable.
Cobos is not open source by any definition that I understand. The license says, in part, <quote> if Licensee is: (i) an Organization, the licensee may install and use the Software on a maximum of one (1) local developer Workstations with a maximum of two (2) CPUs; or (ii) an Educational Institution, Licensee may install and use the Software on an unlimited number of Workstations and CPUs, provided such use is solely for educational or training purposes and not for Licensee’s internal business or any commercial use.... Any other use requires that you acquire a commercial version of the Metrixware software under the terms of the commercial Metrixware End-User License Agreement. </quote>