ChordEase makes it easier to improvise over complicated chord progressions. No matter what the chords are, you can play as if they were all in the key of C. You don't need to play sharps or flats, because ChordEase automatically adds them for you. Though ChordEase is intended for jazz, it could be useful for any type of music that modulates frequently. ChordEase alters your notes in real time in order to make them harmonically correct, while preserving their rhythm and dynamics. By delegating rapid music theory calculations to ChordEase, you gain freedom to concentrate on other aspects of improvisation and performance, such as feel and aesthetics.
ChordEase is a translator that takes MIDI notes as input, and produces MIDI notes as output. The input notes are mapped to the current chord scale in various ways, so that the output notes fit the chord progression of a song. Multiple performers can play through a single instance of ChordEase, using any number of MIDI instruments.
- Play difficult chord progressions with ease, even at scary tempos
- Chord dictionary is customizable; use any set of symbols you like
- Compatible with virtually any MIDI instrument, not just keyboards
- Powerful enough to handle an entire band at once
- Output can be recorded and exported as a standard MIDI file
- MIDI input and output can be monitored in real time with filtering
- Sophisticated chord accompaniment can be played with one finger
- Control chord variation, voicing, and arpeggiation via MIDI
- Bass function includes fixed-length or MIDI-triggered approach
- Built-in harmonizer generates harmony parts automatically
- Songs are plain text files that use a simple but flexible syntax
- Harmonic anticipation can be adjusted differently for each part
- Parameters can be changed in real time via MIDI controllers
- MIDI assignments can be learned instead manually entering them
- Song charts can be displayed in custom fonts and printed
Be the first to post a review of ChordEase!