CHIC is a software tool which can be used by the artisans in making 2D designs (like Embroidery, Chikankari etc). Software provides an inbuilt library of motifs to create embroidery designs by the rural entrepreneurs which help them in creating newer and innovative designs. It also enables Design innovation, Modernization, Digitization. Designs can be stored, reused and combined in various ways to create new designs. It improves productivity, strengthens earlier design concepts and generates variety of employment and trade. Designs can be transferred from computer to different medium like clothes, paper etc. CHIC is user friendly software and runs on all Java compatible platforms.
• Fast design turnaround time and thus enhanced productivity
• Enables design innovation & modernization
• Platform for realizing the creative potential of non-artisans also
• Digital Preservation of traditional designs and knowledge
• Small footprint software
- Save time in designing and enhance self-creativity
- Appreciate preview they get of the overall design
- Useful to acquire new skill in designing (like beginner’s or fresher’s course in designing)
- Helps to create more innovative designs
- Deployed in many craft clusters in India
Be the first to post a review of CHIC CAD- A tool for craft artisans!