A free and open source chess database application for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Multi-platform. Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Load and save PGN files
- Work with multiple databases simultaneously
- Browse chess games, including variations
- Enter moves, variations, comments
- Setup board, copy/paste FEN
- Search in Databases for text or positions
- Display tree of moves for the current position
- Analyze using UCI and Winboard/Xboard Chess engines
- Prepare for openings or opponents
- Training mode (next move is hidden)
- Integrated Stockfish engine
- FICS Support
Chessx is perhaps the most promising open-source chess database program out there and certainly the best-looking! The only thing that keeps me from using it full-time is that it only handles PGN format which isn't very efficient for large database... Do you guys have any plans to support scid database format?