A free and open source chess database application for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Multi-platform. Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Load and save PGN files
- Work with multiple databases simultaneously
- Browse chess games, including variations
- Enter moves, variations, comments
- Setup board, copy/paste FEN
- Search in Databases for text or positions
- Display tree of moves for the current position
- Analyze using UCI and Winboard/Xboard Chess engines
- Prepare for openings or opponents
- Training mode (next move is hidden)
- Integrated Stockfish engine
- FICS Support
Not sure if this is the right place for this but am looking for the Sep version of chessX which James Coons posted on his website. Its been replaced by the the Oct31 version which I appear to have issues with. Would somebody be kind enough to provide either executable or refer this note to James please - many thanks.
Chessx is perhaps the most promising open-source chess database program out there and certainly the best-looking! The only thing that keeps me from using it full-time is that it only handles PGN format which isn't very efficient for large database... Do you guys have any plans to support scid database format?
Perfect, simple but very powerfull chess database tool.
Very good chess database & pgn viewer. It even has an endgame table-base so it makes it extremely useful for analysis. Everything in this is absolutely perfect... it's truly the best(free) pgn database/viewer.
Very lean an beautiful chess database. Database, game view, opening tree, engine analysis all there!!