Project CAPLET is a capacitance extraction toolkit that extract capacitance at field-solver accuracy. CAPLET can directly handle GDS2 layout files into capacitance matrices in both GUI and command line interfaces. The internal extraction algorithm is specialized for VLSI interconnect structures but not exclusively, as long as the structure is of Manhattan geometry and embedded in a uniform dielectric material.
- Capable of handling GDS2 layout files
- Aimed for ultra-fast extraction of small-to-medium structures
- Accurate within 5% of reference solutions
- Faster than FASTCAP at single-core execution for the same accuracy (5X faster for a NAND gate)
- Efficiently parallelized (90% efficiency for 24x24 buses at eight-core execution)
- Able to automatically generate piecewise constant and instantiable basis functions
- GUI and OpenGL visualization
Be the first to post a review of CAPLET!