butt (broadcast using this tool) is an easy to use, multi OS streaming tool.
It supports ShoutCast and IceCast and runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows.
The main purpose of butt is to stream live audio data from your computers Mic or Line input
to an Shoutcast or Icecast server. Recording is also possible.
It is NOT intended to be a server by itself or automatically stream a set of audio files.
- Works with SHOUTcast and Icecast
- Runs on all three major operating systems. Mac OS X, Linux and Windows up to 8.1
- Supports aac+, mp3, ogg/vorbis and ogg/opus for streaming
- Supports aac+, mp3, ogg/vorbis, ogg/opus, flac and wav for recording
- Is able to connect to a server after starting up automatically
- Is able to start a recording after connecting to a server automatically
- Recording can be split after a user defined amount of time
- Current song can either be updated manually or automatically by reading a file
- Configuration files can be imported and exported
- Status display shows infos about the current state (click on it)
- Automatically reconnects in case the connection has been interrupted
- Has a VU Meter with peak hold
- Is able to attentuate and amplify the input volume
- Can stream and record with different bitrates
- Display colors can be changed as desired
The tool is great, we've been using it to have our own-community internal radio for 3 years already suggestion - it would be great to implement something like auto-adjust input volume (automatically lower - so it doesn't go too high, won't you agree ?
I use this for my church to send back a stream to my icecast server at home. I also use it to locally record the audio. This utility has helped me eliminate the need to use both oddsock (under Winamp) and m3w. Killed two birds with one stone. Marvelous!
My non-profit has over two dozen individual broadcasters and we put out many hours/day of recorded and live content on several icecast channels. We've been doing this for over 10 years and we've used several other encoders in the past. BUTT is the best and that's all we use now. Period. It's easy to set up and train people to use, it's very light-weight and compact in size and it's rock solid stable. There are still some opportunities for added features and I hope many others will donate and help support the author in continuing to develop BUTT.
Gets better all the time! Now with Opus! Can't wait to open a new opus stream Fine program. If you have skips, or drops on Ubuntu - close and reopen butt. Should be clear then. Hopefully I can figure out why this is happening. Once it runs right, good as gold. Ted
Server Audio Streaming - Shoutcast - Icecast - Centovacast - Autodj www.hostingshoutcast.com