Burp is a backup and restore program. It uses librsync in order to save on the amount of space that is used by each backup. It also uses VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) to make snapshots when backing up Windows computers.
- Server mode runs on Unix-based systems
- Client mode runs on Windows and Unix-based systems.
- Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) support
- Delta differencing with librsync
- Network backups
- Backs up and restores files, directories, symlinks, hardlinks, fifos and nodes.
- Ability to continue interrupted backups.
Awesome program, just set it up at home with a ubuntu computer as the host and a bunch of windows boxes as the clients. Works well, also checkout burp-ui since it provides a slick front-end (can't provide a URL, it's found on the burp page)
I use this program to backup Linux and Windows servers and user's computers - it is almost perfect for me. the only function is not available - to restore several folders or files instead restoring all files from entire backup
Burp works great.
Easy to use and works.