buildconf provides the autogen.sh automatic build preparation posix shell script. autogen.sh is used by projects that use the GNU autotools for preparing a build for compilation, verifying functionality, and overcoming common build preparation issues.
- Drop in replacement for 'autoreconf' or manual build step preparation
- Minimum version testing, validation, and reporting
- Protects your files from getting clobbered by GNU tools
- Supports recursive configure and captures signals
- Clean user-friendly reporting of common errors
- Automatic failure recovery for common non-fatal configuration issues
Does a decent work as being better replacement for autoreconf on at least a few of more exotic systems.
The name is disgusting. I provided some assistance to the Gnome folks years back and they decided to hijack the name but not use my assistance. This name is confusingly similar to my pre-existing project. Be nice and rename it to "bootstrap" to more accurately describe what the script actually does. Thank you.