budgie-remix "fresh" 16.10 beta
Welcome to budgie-remix "fresh" based on Ubuntu 16.10
This is our ultra minimal install of budgie-remix for everyone that wants
to fully customise their desktop.
For users that want the full experience please use the standard 16.10 installer
PLEASE NOTE THE KNOWN ISSUES DESCRIBED BELOW.
There are two ISO's:
- 64bit - budgie-remix-16.10-amd64.iso
- 32bit - budgie-remix-16.10-i386.iso
If in doubt choose the 64bit ISO since most modern hardware since 2004 is 64bit compatible.
- There appears to be a major bug with the "Install budgie-remix" option - please install through the
Try Budgie-Remix option.
- VirtualBox users: some host drivers do not work correctly with 3D Graphics acceleration enabled for the budgie-remix guest.
This is a bug with VirtualBox itself - we recommend turning off 3D Graphics acceleration if you observe this.
- VirtualBox users: some host drivers do not work with the default Ubuntu virtualbox driver - the typical symptom is a display that just
blinks or screwed up display. We recommend turning on 2D acceleration if you observe this.
- high CPU usage - If experimenting with VirtualBox installs please install the VirtualBox Guest Additions.
sudo mkdir -p /media/cdrom
sudo mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom
Minimum Hardware Recommendation
- dual core/2 virtual core processors, 2Gb RAM, 12GB HDD
- Dashboard: Press CTRL+TAB
- Raven: Super/Win+N
- Start Menu: Super/Win key
- Quick App: ALT+F2
Help and Support
Bug-report should be reported on our Launchpad.net site:
Try our Google+, Reddit and Facebook sites: