budgie-remix 16.04.1 release
Welcome to budgie-remix based on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
This is our first release point release after our successful 16.04 launch.
PLEASE NOTE THE KNOWN ISSUES DESCRIBED BELOW.
There are two ISO's:
- 64bit - budgie-remix-16.04.1-amd64.iso
- 32bit - budgie-remix-16.04.1-i386.iso
There are two torrents:
- 64bit - budgie-remix-16.04.1-amd64.iso.torrent
- 32bit - budgie-remix-16.04.1-i386.iso.torrent
If in doubt choose the 64bit ISO or torrent since most modern hardware since 2004 is 64bit compatible.
The applications included with this release are described here
- VirtualBox users: some host drivers do not work correctly with 3D Graphics acceleration enabled for the budgie-remix guest.
The typical symptom is a white screen for the Welcome app, or screenshots of apps with images just showing the wallpaper background.
This is a bug with VirtualBox itself - we recommend turning off 3D Graphics acceleration if you observe this.
- VirtualBox users: some host drivers do not work with the default Ubuntu virtualbox driver - the typical symptom is a display that just
blinks or screwed up display. We recommend turning on 2D acceleration if you observe this.
- Some users have reported that Ubuntu Start Disc Creator and GNOME Disks Tool (GNOME USB Creator) cannot write the ISO in UEFI mode/or cannot
install budgie-remix in UEFI compatible hardware. We STRONGLY recommend unetbootin to create bootable ISOs.
Alternatively use our xenial testing ISO which resolves this issue
Minimum Hardware Recommendation
- dual core/2 virtual core processors, 2Gb RAM, 16GB HDD
- Dashboard: Press CTRL+TAB
- Raven: Super/Win+N
- Start Menu: Super/Win key
- Quick App: ALT+F2
Help and Support
Bug-report should be reported on our Launchpad.net site:
Try our Google+ or Reddit sites: