The Borg project is a framework for building MMORPG systems entirely written in c# . Borg provides the infrastructure and development framework with features like account authentication & management, message delivery, client and shared libraries...
Update: this project is not active. You can still use it as a solid base for other projects or research.
- account management, user authentication
- lidgren based (UDP) delivery (game messages, chat, player actions)
- ultra fast message serialization/deserialization
- client framework with prebuild communication components
- easy extendible World Server
- .NET 3.5
- stable server core used in multiple projects
simple and straight forward to use
Reliable and runs smoothly
Ignore the posts below. This code is not usable. Ive spent the better part of an entire day trying to make this work. The client rarely is able to connect to the server. (It disconnects for no apparent reason) The tile XML doesnt match the code, causing all sorts of errors and unwanted effects. The entire thing is convoluted and difficult to test. Also, you MUST have XNA 3.1 / Visual Studio 2008 - do NOT use XNA 4 / Visual Studio 2010 - it will not compile due to the numerous differences between 3.1 and 4. I was hopeful that this would be a good starting point, but sadly it is not.
borgserver is fast and stable