fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
Maybe I misread the description for this application. I searched for conversion of CDA files into MP4 files. This app does NOT convert this type of file. I also have anti-virus software that detected a trojan virus in the uninstall app. This is not an acceptable app for me.
Nice product with a fatal flaw good: supports constant bit rates and latin characters (inverted question marks, ellipses) really bad: wipes out the following tags: subtitle, description, podcast description, lyrics, podcast category, podcast url and truncates year. support on the users main site could also use some improvement
Very impressive and convenient software, even with multicore-support (Gets my i7-3770K on 50% load). Easy to use, and very fast. Good performance. But it crashes or freezes after 1-2min when in a conversion prozess. No option for creating the playlist/cuesheet in the input folder, when output folder = input dir. It does only create it in the designated output folder...