fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
piece of Sh#$, i downloaded/installed it in vista(vista sux too) and win8.1 and when i open the files i want to convert to, i just stop!!!!
I tried it on AMD 5200+ dual core HP PC. Converting audio with this is the only time my CPU core exceeded 80 degrees c. Never heard my fans get this loud before. Would be nice if there was a setting to reduce priority or CPU usage.
It seemed to work super-smoothly for the first use, but I walked away after five minutes and it crashed. Maybe it's only 1.0.14, but I don't recommend this version.
Crash after crash after crash with version 1.0.14