fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
Great software. I highly recommend it.
An audio converter that actually works and doesn't put watermarks on the output.
very fast, thought my cd might shatter. i dont think its as good as CDex (which i am still looking for thru all of my old downloads) but its close.
I use fre:ac on an almost daily basis, its my goto tool for audio ripping and conversion
Great conversion utility, clean UI, easy to use, functional and fast. Rating it 1 star because your CPU temp gets high!, come on!, upgrade your CPU/FAN first, no problems running it on my Athlon II X2 2.80 GHz, dual-core desktop. Reviews like this ruin the whole concept of user rating.