fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
Worked perfectly the first time. I didn't even need to read the instructions. Ripped a new CD I just bought, automatically filled in the track information, and saved it in the right place. Much better than Windows Media player and on par with I-Tunes.
Great software. I highly recommend it.
An audio converter that actually works and doesn't put watermarks on the output.