fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
Nice product with a fatal flaw good: supports constant bit rates and latin characters (inverted question marks, ellipses) really bad: wipes out the following tags: subtitle, description, podcast description, lyrics, podcast category, podcast url and truncates year. support on the users main site could also use some improvement
very fast, thought my cd might shatter. i dont think its as good as CDex (which i am still looking for thru all of my old downloads) but its close.
Weirdly would not show up on Win10 start menu or in the 'cortana' search of the computer. Had to go to 'Program Files (x86)' and start the .exe file but so far so good. Doing exactly what it claims and with a good interface. Thanks people!