Changes in 2.6.8 (May 3, 2015):
- CPU / CPUDB
- Bugfixes for CPU emulation correctness (critical bugfix for x86-64 emulation)
- Memory type calculation support for Bochs debugger and instrumentation,
to enable configure with --enable-memtype option.
- CPUDB: Added Pentium (P54C) configuration to CPUDB
- CPUDB: Added Broadwell ULT configuration to CPUDB
- Updated definition of instrumentation callbacks, see description in
instrumentation.txt / Fixed instrumentation examples
- Configure and compile
- Configure option --enable-fast-function-calls now also used for MSVC nmake.
- Some configure fixes for the GTK debugger support.
- GUI and display libraries
- The VGA update timer mode now can be selected with the 'vga' option.
- Release all pressed keys when the simwindow gets back the keyboard focus.
- Win32 gui: Captured mouse cursor now really trapped in window.
- SDL2: Implemented yes/no dialog (e.g. for VVFAT commit).
- Some fixes for wxWidgets 3.0 and unicode version compatiblity.
- Full save/restore support for enhanced gui debugger settings (window+font).
- Added debugger support for the term gui using a pseudo-terminal.
- I/O Devices
- Hard drive
- Added Oracle(tm) VM VirtualBox image support (VDI version 1.1)
- Re-enable "bulk I/O" repeat speedups extension.
- Some lowlevel cdrom code fixes for Windows and Linux.
- SB16: Fixed OPL chip detection by implementing ISA bus delay.
- SB16: Ported OPL3 emulation from DOSBox and partly removed legacy code.
- ES1370: Added MIDI UART output support.
- ES1370: Fixed critical bug that made Win9x drivers crash.
- Major rewrite of the lowlevel sound code.
- Added mixer thread support (required for all modules except 'sdl').
- New mixer and SDL mixer are polling data from the PCM output buffers,
the PC speaker beep generator and the OPL3 FM generator.
- PCM format conversion to 16 bit signed little endian.
- Added sound 'file' module for VOC, WAV, MID and raw data output
and added dual output support (device+file) in midi/wave mode 3.
- Added capability to set up the sound driver per service.
- Fixed "Read ID" command for single-sided media (patch by Ben Lunt).
- ROM BIOS
- Fixed keyboard scancode processing after keyboard intercept.
- Fixed rombios32 code to avoid incorrect ACPI table detection.