Changes in 2.6.7 (November 2, 2014):
- CPU / CPUDB
- Implemented AVX-512BW/AVX-512DQ/AVX-512VL extensions emulation.
- implemented AVX512-IFMA532 instructions emulation.
- implemented AVX512-VBMI instructions emulation.
- Bugfixes for CPU emulation correctness (critical fixes for AVX-512, CMPXCHG16B and VMX)
- Fixed Bochs segmentation fault crash with Handlers Chaining Speedups enabled when
compiling with gcc, especially with low optimization levels.
- Reverted removal of reporting Architectural Perfmon support in pre-defined CPUID modules.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 require Performance Monitoring to be reported to boot.
To workaround possible Windows 7 64-bit installation issues: use bx_generic CPUID module,
which doesn't report Performance Monitoring in CPUID.
- GUI and display libraries
- The VGA update timer and the status LED timer now always use the realtime mode
independent from the 'clock' option setting.
- Added native SDL2 GUI support to Bochs. To enable configure with --with-sdl2.
- Added new user shortcut "scrlck" (SDL/SDL2 using "Scroll Lock" for fullscreen toggle).
- Write enhanced gui debugger settings to file on exit and restore on initialization.
- I/O Devices
- xHCI model now emulates a NEC/Renesas uPD720202 device (patch by Ben Lunt).
- Added USB port specific option 'size' for VVFAT disks (range 128M ... 128G).
If the size is not specified or invalid, it defaults to 504M.
- Hard drive / HD image
- Fixed crash when using a "fixed" type VPC image.
- ROM BIOS
- Fixed int74_function() for 4-byte (wheel mouse) packets.
- LGPL'd VGABIOS updated from CVS (fixed building VBE modes list)
- Visual Studio workspace files updated to VS2013Ex format.
- bximage_old/bxcommit: removed old obsolete image manipulation tools.
- Documentation fixes and updates.