Changes in 2.6.1 (April 7, 2013):
- CPU / CPUDB
- Bochs is fully aligned with rev45 of the of Intel(R) Architecture Manual.
- Implemented Supervisor Mode Access Protection (SMAP) support
- Implemented VMX APIC Registers Virtualization and VMX Virtual Interrupt Delivery
- Implemented VMCS Shadowing and #VE exception secondary VMEXIT controls emulation
- Implemented RDRAND and RDSEED instructions
! CPUDB: Added AMD FX-4100 (Zambezi) configuration to CPUDB
- Bugfixes for CPU emulation correctness (critical fixes for SVM and AVX2 emulation)
- Bochs Debugger and Instrumentation
- Use Enhanced GUI Debugger instead of old-style wx debugger with wx gui.
The old-style wx debugger support was deprecated and removed from the source code.
- I/O Devices
- Implemented 3dfx Voodoo Graphics card emulation based on DOSBox patch, to enable
configure with --enable-voodoo option.
- Hard drive / HD image
- Added full save restore support for most of the disk image formats
- undoable / volatile mode: added support of other types of r/o base images
- DLL HD support rewritten and enabled for WIN32 host
- PCI chipset
- Implemented i430FX chipset emulation
- USB UHCI always enabled in the i440FX case
- Config interface
- Configure option --enable-misaligned-sse moved to runtime option in .bochsrc. The old
option is deprecated and should not be used anymore.
- moved 'user_shortcut' bochsrc option to the 'keyboard' option
- save log options per device to bochsrc
- win32: implemented scrollable dialog items for large parameter lists
- GUI and display libraries
- Graphics snapshot feature rewritten to support all kinds of graphics modes
- wx: starting a second simulation without closing Bochs now almost possible
- bxcommit: added support for converting flat to growing mode images