This freely available open-source software turns Wikipedia’s popular software engine MediaWiki into a fully-fledged enterprise wiki solution. Companies can continue cherishing MediaWiki’s numerous advantages and automation capabilities; with BlueSpice, they can now work even more comfortably, safely and more effectively.
Compared with basic MediaWiki, BlueSpice provides, amongst other, the following enhancements: comfortable and sophisticated rights management capabilities, a visual editor (WYSIWYG), easy image - and file upload, workflows.
Further information with respect to the management and administration of your wiki:
BlueSpice is free, open source und not subject to any restrictions with regards to the number of users. There are no licence fees or other additional costs, no matter how many employees are using the software. Existing content is not changed or lost when installing BlueSpice. BlueSpice is simply installed on top of your existing MediaWiki.
- New skin - light layout that is intuitive and easy to use
- WYSIWYG Editor - almost as comfortable as working with any other office application
- ExtendedSearch - Full-text search in articles and files, faceting, fuzzy search and spellchecker
- PermissionManager - sophisticated rights management capabilities
- Workflow/Review functionality
- User and admin dashboard for quick information
- Flexiskin makes simple customization of layout and design
- Quick access of article meta data
- Display of author's pictures
- Creating checkboxes and checklists for tasks and inquiries
- Customizable UserSidebar and WidgetBar
- PdfExport of SpecialPages, CategoryPages, ImagePages and Articles
- Namespace, user and group manager
- Integrated blog
- Shoutbox for comments and communication on the article
- Use page templates for preprepared prototypes which make creating a page easier.
- Notification in the wiki and/or mail notification
- Stay informed via RSS Feeder
- Related articles to expand cross links
- Category tree: create a directory of content and provide pages with categories
Follow BlueSpice free
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
I Really assume this app the perfect software I ever used! => consider having a look at this webiste for Free Gift Cards : www.fregifts.com
This is a great software suite. In combination with Semantic MediaWiki it is invincible for many user groups and use cases.
BlueSpice for MediaWiki is one of the most awesome pieces of software that was written for MediaWiki. We are running a public wiki, we are currently in the creation stages of our wiki and one of the biggest issues for our users who were using a base install of MediaWiki, is the syntax and directions pertaining to creating categories, and pages. Now with BlueSpice a new user of our wiki is able to be off and running in no time, creating pages with the visual editor and assigning categories, uploading images, summarizing images, and much more. What I cannot believe is this software is actually free to use! I would gladly pay money to purchase this software for our MediaWiki installation. One word of advice, use a caching system of some sorts, it's a must! The software is so jam packed with great features, it's big, and it needs caching for your site to run quickly and efficiently. This is not a fault of the software, just a fact of necessity to use it. That being said, you can also disable many of the great features in order to customize your use case. By disabling features that you do not need, also helps speed up the user experience at the front end. Pages load quickly and efficiently once you get it all dialed in. All thumbs up for BlueSpice! By the way, for business's and corporations, there is a paid version that you will find very appropriate for a business environment! I had to give BlueSpice support rating a 4 out of 5 stars only because they are not always available when needed. But, this is to be expected! They are after all a business, and they need to make a living, so the folks at BlueSpice must pay more attention to their bread and butter end of the business, they cannot spend all their valuable time answering questions submitted by the "Free" community, so just be a little patient, and they will get to your issue. Once you load up BlueSpice, you'll wonder why you did not do it before, and you'll see your MediaWiki site in a whole new light.
Nice !!! I like this product !
Can i able to track user??