This freely available open-source software turns Wikipedia’s popular software engine MediaWiki into a fully-fledged enterprise wiki solution. Companies can continue cherishing MediaWiki’s numerous advantages and automation capabilities; with BlueSpice, they can now work even more comfortably, safely and more effectively.
Compared with basic MediaWiki, BlueSpice provides, amongst other, the following enhancements: comfortable and sophisticated rights management capabilities, a visual editor (WYSIWYG), easy image - and file upload, workflows.
Further information with respect to the management and administration of your wiki:
BlueSpice is free, open source und not subject to any restrictions with regards to the number of users. There are no licence fees or other additional costs, no matter how many employees are using the software. Existing content is not changed or lost when installing BlueSpice. BlueSpice is simply installed on top of your existing MediaWiki.
- New skin - light layout that is intuitive and easy to use
- WYSIWYG Editor - almost as comfortable as working with any other office application
- ExtendedSearch - Full-text search in articles and files, faceting, fuzzy search and spellchecker
- PermissionManager - sophisticated rights management capabilities
- Workflow/Review functionality
- User and admin dashboard for quick information
- Flexiskin makes simple customization of layout and design
- Quick access of article meta data
- Display of author's pictures
- Creating checkboxes and checklists for tasks and inquiries
- Customizable UserSidebar and WidgetBar
- PdfExport of SpecialPages, CategoryPages, ImagePages and Articles
- Namespace, user and group manager
- Integrated blog
- Shoutbox for comments and communication on the article
- Use page templates for preprepared prototypes which make creating a page easier.
- Notification in the wiki and/or mail notification
- Stay informed via RSS Feeder
- Related articles to expand cross links
- Category tree: create a directory of content and provide pages with categories
Follow BlueSpice free
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Overall awesome - however, ironically used to be more-powerful, can't even edit the source code in any form with the visual editor. Can't extend it, either - or you'd have to use the original one. Also, very difficult to find/ask questions specific to bluespice (no reddit page and only places like sourceforge), so questions are difficult to get answered. Also, Blue is several versions behind. Also, tables are buggy and often not intuitive -- if you set the top of tables sortable, it doesn't always "actually" do it. I've come across this several times, enough for it to be annoying. You also can't paste more than 1 row at a time from copied rows in a table. Tons of lacking features when it comes to tables. AWESOME instant skinning features and when the sorting DOES work, it's amazing.