Bit-Twist is a simple yet powerful libpcap-based Ethernet II (IEEE 802.3) packet generator that comes complete with a comprehensive pcap capture file editor. Bit-Twist runs on Mac OS X (and *BSD), Linux, and Windows.
- Runs on Mac OS X (and *BSD), Linux, and Windows
- Send multiple trace files at a time
- Send packets at a specific speed or line rate in Mbps
- Packet editor with control over fields in Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, and UDP headers
- Automatic header checksum correction
- Append user payload to existing packets after a specific header
- Select a specific range of packets and save them in another trace file
Finally a packet replay and editing tool that simply works on all major platforms and command line (can be used in scripts, ..) Perfect for testing during development and validation phase. I was looking for a packet replay tool, continuous looping multicast data feeds for debugging and testing radar data feed quality monitoring tools. Great work guys !
Bittwist is great for crafting custom packets to test the Next Generation Firewalls my company is busy devleping. Thanks for the hard work.