beep at default 2349Hz for 1 second or for optional specified duration or specified frequency. frequency may be a musical note name and octave combination, you can also specify a duration. see --help or the readme.txt file for help.
frequency could also be a specific number.
accepts hexadecimal, decimal, octal, and binary for frequency number and duration.
you can make a batch file to make beepy music through pc (now piezo) speaker... could be fun for kids to tinker with and learn music and pitch/ear training.
I have just tuned the beep to be loud by default.
- beep tuned to be loud by default on piezo speakers in modern pc's (2004+)
- optional frequency accepts notename and octave combo like C#5 or ab3,or will take hexadecimal, decimal, binary,or octal integer freqency (assumed to be Hz)
- optional duration is hexadecimal, decimal, binary,or octal integer (assumed to be milliseconds)
- command-line tool
- comes with DOS and windows cmd-shell version
- could be used for ear/pitch training
- could be fun for kids to make their own music, even if you don't have a sequencer, you have notepad and edit to make .cmd or .bat files
- could be useful for tuning instruments like guitars...
- ctrl-c to break
Be the first to post a review of beep for windows and dos!