BassScales displays the tab, the bass tab, and the note for a music scale. only the starting note and a steps array have to be provided. When more than one fret combination is available, it can display all of them or only the one specified.
- Works on any platform as long as a PostScript viewer has been installed
- Works with a steps list and a starting note. The starting note can be in the scale array (usefull for "slices" of the used notes to play a song) or overwritten (usefull to play scales at different levels)..
- Arrays of steps of each scale ( minor, major etc ... ) can stay in the code, and recall with their name
- Configurable for 4,5 and 6 cords basses as long as they are tuned as EADG, BEADG or BEADGC ). 5th and 6th bass tab lines can be displayed in gray.
- If more than one cord/string combinaison exists, all of them or only the one specified can be displayed. If the note is not possible ( < E in 4 strings mode or exceeds the tab limits ), a red cross is displayed on the bass tab
- Minimum and maximum tabs number can be specified. But at least a high limit at about 25 should be given to avoid extravagant combinaisons
- Detuning will be available when the 0.9 version is issued.
Be the first to post a review of BassScales!