Banman is a complete, stand-alone, automatic IP moderation system.
Written in PHP, Banman is dedicated to sharing an easily-customizable way to add a self-protecting site content mechanism to any web site.
Banman's single-file template support (template21) also offers a way to either easily jump-start a new "safe site", or to quickly add content protection to an existing site.
Banman protection comes in two forms: temp-ban and perm-ban.
A temp-ban TEMPORARILY bans a user from any more content views. Views must take place within a customizable grace period.
A perm-ban ever-bans an IP address by detecting any FURTHER violation within that same grace period.
The enforcement of both the 'temp-ban' and the 'forever-ban' are completely automated.
The ability to personally manage / view banishment activity is also included (banman.php.)
A web site in its own right, Banman also includes over 500 customizable, 'protectable' quotations (index_example.php).
- Perfect for preventing robotic plundering & content scraping!
- Includes sample site with over 500 'protectable' quotations (MightyMaxims)
- Flat-file IP moderation - Database NOT required!
- Use on any server: Written in 100% PHP!
- Blacklist allows rejection by IP prefix (e.g. 180.76.5. and 180.76.6.)
- Single point of entry (autoBan()) manages logging / banning activity
- Ban a user for accessing content too rapidly or frequentely (temp-ban)
- Ban a user for accessing content far too many times (perm-ban)
- User interface can add / remove / report bannishment activities
- Single-file web-site skin (template21.html)
- Skin includes example for using google ads to earn money
- Includes remote stylesheet (CSS) examples
- Easy to install, customize, and use!
- As used on the author's web sites
- Completely customizable
LicenseAcademic Free License (AFL)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of Banman!