Avogadro is an advanced molecular editor designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science and related areas. It offers a flexible rendering framework and a powerful plugin architecture.
- Cross-Platform: Molecular builder for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Free, Open Source: Easy to install and all source code is available (GNU GPL)
- International: Translations into Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish and more
- Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
- Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
- Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts
- Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of chemical files, multiple computational packages, crystals, biomolecules, etc.
- Get visibility into the health and performance of your entire Cisco ASA environment in a single dashboard
- View VPN tunnel status and monitoring firewall high availability, health, and readiness
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Initially installed on windows 64 is not working because of missing a dll file. This file can be installed from microsoft site: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328 Then all is great!
Avogadro is good but it does certainly have its limitations. As pointed out there are no Python bindings available for Windows, except when using the very out of date version 1.0.1, which can prevent one from using some of the more advanced features. As far as support well the mailing list (email@example.com) I found quite helpful. Something worthwhile noting for all those intending to use this software to create molecular images -- the element colouring palette is etched in stone.
Hello, somebody known how to calculate Avogadro software the cross section, maxime diameter, and Surface total area of the molecule? Please I need this information. firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of packages for Windows are without Python console. I need the feature and find avogadro-1.0.1-python-win32.exe, which is the only package with Python console. I hope the developers will enable the console in the future.
Thanks for great project! Simply the best.Good,good,good.+1