Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages.
The version currently hosted here is 2.1.0 (March 2015). More recent versions than this are available from http://www.audacityteam.org/download/ .
Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Programs like Audacity are also called open source software, because their source code is available for anyone to study or use. There are thousands of other free and open source programs, including the Firefox web browser, the LibreOffice or Apache OpenOffice office suites and entire Linux-based operating systems such as Ubuntu
- Record live audio
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together
- Numerous effects including change the speed or pitch of a recording
- And more! See the complete list of features: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
ok ok ok
I often use Avdshare Audio Converter to aIFF to WAV Converter for Mac and Windows
You may try use Avdshare Video Converter to Convert MP4 to Windows Media Player more compatilbe video format like convert MP4 to WMV, MP4 to AVI, MP4 to MPG, MP4 to ASF.
Great program for EVPs. However, after one use, you can't save to an MP3 format until you pay for service. NOT FREE! Be warned.You can't advertise or Google search something that is supposedly free if it truly isn't. Shady!