Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages.
The version currently hosted here is 2.1.0 (March 2015). More recent versions than this are available from http://www.audacityteam.org/download/ .
Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Programs like Audacity are also called open source software, because their source code is available for anyone to study or use. There are thousands of other free and open source programs, including the Firefox web browser, the LibreOffice or Apache OpenOffice office suites and entire Linux-based operating systems such as Ubuntu
- Record live audio
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together
- Numerous effects including change the speed or pitch of a recording
- And more! See the complete list of features: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features
Merde, investissez quelques dollars dans un designer... Parce que l'ergonomie est à chier !!! Mais sans parler d'ergonomie, vos ZOOMs, vos dépladcement dans le fichier, c'est pourri ! Connaissez-vous Soundforge ?? Merde, trouvez 10 000 $ et payez un mec capable de faire un truc ergonomique !!!
Its really good and I even got a tutorial that how can anyone use it easily: "www[DOT]youtube[DOT]com/watch?v=jqbXec-YcJU
I often use Avdshare Audio Converter to aIFF to WAV Converter for Mac and Windows
I use audacity all day for my radio jingles and dj drops company jingles and promos My only plea is, could audacity have the beat grip markers or graphical lines someday...this could really help us to sync multi tracks so well and ensure easy sync workflow
Great Job !!