A Free, Fast, and Small Automatic Formatter for C, C++, C++/CLI, Objective-C, C#, and Java Source Code.
- It's free and open source!
- Cross-platform application works on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and others.
- Supports 15 popular bracket styles.
- Over 60 formatting options.
- Detailed documentation for use and options.
- Available in several languages with easy additions.
- Supports UTF8, UTF16, and most other character encodings.
- Can process entire projects recursively.
- Will not update unchanged files.
- Checksum prevents dropped or duplicated data.
- Seamless integration with many development environments and editors.
- Can be included in C/C++ and Objective-C projects as a shared (DLL) or static library.
- Can be included in Java projects as a Java Native Interface (JNI).
- Can be included in C#, Python, Pascal, and other projects as a shared library (DLL).
This is the perfect solution for source code downloaded from the internet. The original code was hard hard to read because of bad indentation and bracket use. This program cleaned it up nicely. Well done
Easy to install in linux (in distribution), no so in Windows (simple zip archive, have to use console, that would be great to use nullsoft). Easy to use as well documented. cmdline allow to integrate many IDEs. works with no bugs not as functional as 'GNU indent', but multi-platform 'ready' Thank you.
I have been using astyle to indent the source files in a large codebase and very happy with the performance till now.
Very good, but there are still somethings could be done. For example, --break-blocks options could not do with function blocks, and array initial segments are not aligned well in some cases.