AstroGrep is a Microsoft Windows GUI File Searching (grep) utility. Its features include regular expressions, versatile printing options, stores most recent used paths and has a "context" feature which is very nice for looking at source code.
- Regular expressions
- Concurrent multiple file types
- Recursive directory searching
- A "context" feature that selects the lines above and below your search expression
- Versatile exporting and printing options
- RIght click to open file with editor of your choice at specific line (if setup)
- Store Most Recently Used file names, file types, and search expressions
- Match Whole Word Only
- File encoding detection (ability to turn off and override for individual files)
Great program. Works well. Thanks May you please increase the context lines. Is it possible to have an option of sliding the context window?
Easy to use, possible to copy the found files in a new folder or to get the list of the files as a .txt
How did I not know about this for so long?
It's probably the most used application in my day-to-day work. Thank you so much for it! I installed the version 4.4.3 and am very happy, that you restored the functionality to open the file at proper position by double-clicking the results view. That's great and makes the workflow very comfortable!